08 September 2010

Pear season.

It seems the pears just keep coming off our two little trees. Yesterday I canned up 2 more buckets into brown sugar and cinnamon pears, and pear sauce in the crockpot.

Last week I did 3 buckets as mint pears and red cinnamon pears.

Week before that I did multiple canner loads of brown sugar and cinnamon pears from 2 buckets. I still have 2 buckets waiting and at least another 3-4 buckets on the trees yet.

To break up the boredom I made some hot chili sauce, cajun beans and mild salsa. Thats whats in the other jars in the first picture. I have 20 pounds of tomatoes to process and I'm still getting about a half pound of peppers from the garden every couple days. Thinking of making some green hot sauce with the peppers and just canning the tomatoes diced.

It's also time to shear the goats! I am looking at this trimmer at Tractor Supply: Lister Star. It has more blades that can be used for sheep and goats as well as dogs and horses. Price is a little steep but if it works good and lasts quite a few years it will be worth the cost. Anyone have any recommendations for a trimmer??

No comments:

Post a Comment