04 August 2010

Still canning potatoes...

Got up at 7am and started canning potatoes again. Have 7 quarts of diced potatoes cooling in the canner right now. I went out to feed and water and the animals after getting the quarts going and spent some time scratching our hog Pinky's ears for him, he melts to the ground! For a 400 pound hog he's such a mellow guy. :)

Got about a dozen chilies and jalapeno peppers from the garden this morning as well as a few handfuls of boxwood basil. The basil is drying, and I think I have enough peppers to make a pint or two now. Not sure if I want to pickle them or can them plain yet.

Our darling teen boys went to the National Night Out last night and did not come home. Not sure where they are at this point. Me and Steve was at the event for about an hour, walking around, listening to the music and yapping with people but we never ran into either one of them. Hope they stayed out of trouble!

Yesterday I planted a bunch of herbs and my fall starter plants. Cabbage, broccoli, bunching onions, celery, califlower, dill, two types of basil, thyme, coriander, cilantro, and a few porch containers of peas. Hopefully I got them started in time, but I have a feeling we are going to get an early fall this year. The animals and bugs have spoken.


I think I'm gonna work on Stormies horse rug for a while today in between loading and unloading the canner. Don't really feel much like cleaning today, except the dishes, they have to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment