06 August 2010

Finally!

The potatoes are finished! I ended up with 23 quarts and 13 pints, plus a quart of dried and enough leftover to make dinner. that was alot of potatos.


The heat here is absolutely crazy, with heta indexes running over 100 and 100% humidity. Yesterday I had to braid the horses manes because they were sweating so bad under them. It helps to get air flow on their necks and they aren't as miserable. The rest of the critters all seem ok. We're suppose to get more rain today, and the garden sure needs it! I opened my gate to the garden so the ducks and chickens could get in there and eat some of those crickets that are chewing everything up. My bush bean plants are full of holes and the corn is getting chewed up. Hopefully they get in there and get the job done.

Today I will be spinning somemore yarn so I have more than a 100 yards of this alpaca/wool blend to make a beenie hat for one of the boys for Christmas.

I still have over half to go on Stormies latchhook horse rug, too, but I found her a bathroom set with horses on it and it has a shower curtain, trash container, tooth brush holder, soap dish, lotion container, and cup. I got it on Ebay for $23 plus shipping. Her bathroom should look pretty cute after these get put in.  I have so many project going at once all the time, if I don't write them down, I never finish them, LOL.

Well, back to canning, I picked up peaches, tomatoes, and stewing steak yesterday, so those are next into the jars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment